Monday, May 12, 2014

It's done; The Black Directive is completed

I'm proud (and relieved) to announce that the final version of TBD is done. It's been two and a half years and took five drafts to do, but at an utterly staggering word count of 251,000+, it's finished. How long is 251,000+ words, you ask? Pick up "The Stand," by Stephen King, "A Game of Thrones" by George R.R. Martin, or "A Memory of Light" by Jordan...or two Bibles. Yeah, two Bibles should be about right.

Now, I'm supposed to be taking a break. Everyone has told me I should take a few weeks off to relax and celebrate. It's sound advice, truly...but patience has never been one of my virtues. After taking yesterday off, I'm starting work on the second book of the trilogy this evening (Current tentative title "Of Flame and Blood: An Outer Rims Novel").

Also, stay tuned for forth coming artwork. I've reached an agreement with talented underground graffiti artist Ren McBeath for character and scene depictions. I've seen bits and peices of what she already has in mind, and I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment